Wednesday, March 5, 2008

my new song....

2003 in the State of Ohio, porch swing cradled my fall
Fall nights with a chill blankets warmer still
Conversations of tears and denial
I told you i did not love him, you told me she'd never stay
But did you lie, make me cry was i right or clearly wrong. Why is she not gone?
You whispered love you baby doll, surprising you against the law.
T.V. lights invade a dark room. A dark room that held both her and you.
Now I miss the fall.

2003 in the State of Ohio, your momma never did tell.
Of the nights i spent there with you the cereal and breakfast food, we became a family so soon.
Birthdays came with added fear, how long could you keep me near
21 underneath the dark moon.
Is where I told you I could not love you, you begged baby please don't go
Did you lie or did you cry in the shower all alone, never was it known...
Your best friend begged me stay with him, I found a place deep within, wrote down my thoughts on how much i loved you. Let my heart fall into something brand new, something I didn't know would end soon.
Now I miss the fall.

While it lasted it was beautiful, as good as any love should be, but you had to go become a man and make a mess out of me.
Fading faded gone, not a moment too slow. tears turned to anger, mistrust took over as she cried into the arms of a man who was mine and she fed him every "im so sad" line. And she captured his heart in the fall.

2003 in the state of Ohio, isn't even a time. its just a place that I cant drive by without the tears of 3 long years sweetly falling from my eyes.
They fall. From my eyes.

No comments: