Monday, October 15, 2007

Impatient.

I am officially the most impatient person in the world.
I have real life ADD. I can't pay attention for any longer than 2 months in one place. I am already bored with my life. I need to move to Scottland and dance in a kilt or something. This weekend was so busy with homecoming stuff for my dance team....but it was fun.

My job is good. I mean I like it...I love the kids. I just hate being in Hannibal...Not becuase its Hannibal, but becuase I have no friends around here. Its sooooo boring. I am convinced that I am simply back in highschool.

Point being. I cannot pay attention. I want to move away already. Not a good sign. How do you make yourself content in the place you HAVE to be?
GRRRR......


until I figure it out...My days remain the exact replica of the day before. NICE.

4 comments:

Her Harlequin said...

I don't know you, but if you are a friend of "margmor" you are keeping good company! Just had to check you out to see who the "Blog" competition is!!! lol

Hang in there - boring work or place can be an opportunity - still getting paid but allowing you to think about other stuff, motivate you to do bigger & better.

Her Harlequin said...

PS: the blue print on black background is nearly impossible to read - and you sound too chearful to look so dark!

margmor said...

Oh man, my readers are commenting on your blog!!! Actually, I think Don forgets that he met you at the Popple retreat... how he could forget you I have no idea, except that he mostly was looking at all the guitars in the place, rather than the rest of us. Anyhoo, how's the young adult population at your parish? I generally start my new jobs with a wine and cheese thingy and invite all the "old guard" volunteers to come and tell me what they liked about the former program and what they didn't like- I met a lot of great people that way, and learned a lot about the parish too. 'Sjust a thought. I'm new at my parish now too, and my mantra is "be BOLD" in meeting people, which is really helping me be brave and introduce myself to people and I'm meeting great new friends that way! I hope that helps- consider your new place like moving to a new country and go meet the natives! (Were you looking for advice? No.) Also, I LIKE the blue on the black. I'm just sayin'.

Her Harlequin said...

OH -- THAT's who you are!!!
I had a hunch about that afterwards (better late than never, and I'll have to thank MM for confirming it).

Now that I know that I know you, I'll have to follow you more closely (I don't usually follow blogs of people I don't know). But because I don't know you well, I'll only leave nice comments (lol - please don't believe a word that Margo tells you - lol - I just like to push her buttons sometimes, keep her on her toes ya know! My evil little joy, but she gets even by refusing to post them - a fairly well balanced relationship, although she obviosly has better eyesight that me - I still can't read blue-on-black)

Good Luck with the job.