Thursday, October 25, 2007

Music life...

Let me tell you what happens when I go to concerts.
I want to be on stage. I think that I mostly lack self confidence when it comes to my music. I know that I love to sing. I know that I love to write. And I know the feeling that I get when someone says "play that one song about..." or when my daughter in my sorority always said " I play your CD everyday, now its scratched because i played it too long....it sings my life" There is something about "getting people" that I love. Maybe its because I long for songs that explain the way I am feeling and I just fall in love with the artists heart when I hear them. They don't have to be sappy, sometimes they are about the most beautiful things in life or even the most simplistic. I just love the way music knocks you off your feet when it gets to you.
Sometimes I feel like I could do it. Make a career out of music and travel the world "getting people"...then again I often wonder, is it worth it? Is it really what I want....then again I have never known what exactly I want, and as I mentioned in my last post, I have real life ADD....i get sick and bored of what I am doing so quickly.

I just want to sit and write. and find the person who can make me into the musician i always dreamed of being.


New Song:

Then HE took the Cup gave thanks and praise and shared with me
shared with me
died upon a cross, flesh and blood just for me, so I could be spottless and free.
And how blessed am I that even when I'm not worthy to receive you say the words. And heal me.
CHORUS:
I'm lost inside whats real and make believe as bread and wine are transformed in front of me and I.....
Im sick of emotion taking over me, Jesus make this as real as it can be so I.....
Are you present in my tears? Are you there when overwhelmed is what defines me?
You say "I am" so I know you're here.

Then HE took the bread, broke it and said "my body, which I will give for you"
He died upon a cross flesh and blood just for me so i could be spottless and free.
And how precious is it that you would come from Heaven. To meet with me for a single blink and second.
And even when im not worthy to receive, you say the words. You heal me.
CHORUS

Sitting in a dark church, wondering how many lives were changed today.
A baby in white was baptized in this very room today
And his sins were washed away
cause of your Cross they are wiped away. SO someday

He'll be lost inside whats real and make believe as bread and wine are transformed in front of him and he...
he'll be sick of emotions taking over him, Jesus cradle him in your grip again, so you
can be present in his tears
and there when overwhelmed is what defines him.
There you are so i know you're here.